Working to promote environmentally sound mining exploration and development
processes that respect First Nations rights and full participation.
The coalition is committed to ensuring that lands are not destroyed for the short term gain of others, and to working with responsible mining companies and governments. It will:
- Support the BC First Nations Leadership Council’s efforts to resolve once and for all with the province the issue of Title and Rights, (which will be an impetus to mining reform).
- Support the FN Energy and Mining Council in its work to change mining and environmental assessment legislation and build better relations with the industry
- Support each other in addressing specific projects, and forge relationships with like-minded groups;
- Meet with government ministers at both federal and provincial levels to discuss our issues;
- Work with potential investors, mining associations, think tanks and other organizations.